MY SISTER'S FASHION SHOW!
Girl, (boy) the fashion show rocked it up. I seriously was SO PROUD of my sister and the other graduates. (well, maybe I wasn't so proud of the mermaid pants or pink, sequined one-sie) Anyways, the show started off with everyone being 'oh so cute' in the lobby. We were offered free wine (only one glass), so i rocked up the merlot. Then it was time to look at the designers portfolios. There was a very interesting combination, but it was so crowded around the tables it wasn't really enjoyable to flip through the books. I decided my time would be better spent waiting by the doors so I could get a prime time seat.
One thought--zoolander.
People literately are 'fashion animals'. I decided that since I am a team player and like strategy that it was time to form my fashion posse. Yes, that's right. I formed a gang right then and there. I charmed my way with the security guard to allow me to peek into the show room so that I could position myself PERFS for the initial run in. My posse grabbed third row, even though I had first row..someone kicked me out. SO, my eyes were pealed. My team player mentality went down the toilet when i saw (may i get a hallejuah course?) ONE, front row seat! So you better believe I stole it! My gals weren't too upset or anything, because they all said they would have done the same thing if they came single..i just wonder if they were trying to take a stab at me. haha jk. I sat beside a lovely laila. The whole time we critiqued the clothes and made quite a few funny jokes. you know me, cassandra witty frederickson. .
The clothes. AMAZING. the structure, fabric use, and what not... seriously, blew my mind. My sister also won an award!!!! (inivation of material use) I was such a proud little sister, i even shed a little tear.
We headed to Gastown for the after party. Basically i got sat with the MERCH people. So funny. I think there is soemthing about me that attracts gay men. Instantly we talked like good ol' chaps. I seriously had such a fun time talking with them all. And when they were leaving they perched my hand and told me 'I was a pleasure.' Ha. so great. Also, for some reason Canadian Whisky was doing a promotion so we got free glasses, free shots/glasses (i am still a shot virgin), t-shirts, ties and other random things. I just so happened to be sitting beside one of the designers, Roger Prince..and guess what!
!!!HE HAS FAMILY IN ILE DES CHENES!!!
.....how completely random is that!
It really is a small world eh? (a horrid disney world memory/nightmare of 'it's a small world' replays in my head)
For some reason we couldn't get a hold of BenR and Zac, but they seemed to have a very fun night on there own..let's just say, karaoke....(a little bummed we didn't meet up with them)
I was pretty tired from lack of sleep,and reconnoitering (I hope my lodge friends get the horrible usage of this word)..so we hit the sack at about 2am.
Today we packed up, my sister had an encounter with a rude Greyhound man, and again we have done a bit of cafe hopping. (rebels, eh?)
We're off to Tiffanys ...now all i need is some breakfast.
1 comment:
the pics i saw on facebook of the show were incredible. with the exception of the afforementioned mermaid pants. lol. but seriously. i was blown away! alesha has found her freaking calling!!!
Post a Comment