Monday, October 27, 2008

bad weather, and a wonky sched.

So, instead of yesterday, today was changeover day.
The winds were way to high for Nelson, (the pilot of the mini plane) to fly.
Our 3rd group got to stay one more night, while our 4th group went for a dog sled ride in churchill. Group number three was lucky because a Polar Bear came RIGHT UP TO THE WINDOW! I am serious, his nose was INSIDE the building!!!! Other wise this meant another normal day for group 3, but a hecktic morning for us.

Our start time began at 6, instead of 6:30. We had breakfast at 6.45 and got group 3 out of the way. Then we started cleaning rooms and doing laundry and all that nice change over stuff. The thing is... we had to do breakfast number two while that was going on. Thank goodness it was just a small group and elaine took care of it! Gold star for Elaine.

The rest of the morning we kept on washing dishes, and changing beds when they sheets and what not were ready. After lunch we got our regular break time.. which I am enjoying right now.. in my bed! This is our biggest group yet, so that means more dishes. haha. 17 guests.

I am missing my social life right now. I don't really feel like I've had a regular social life forever! In actually 7 months. There was India, then camp (which is it's own bizarre social life of it's own), then my brothers wedding stuff, then a bit of normal life.. now i am here. wooo.. i need a good ol' fashioned movie night or something.... Maybe I'll even make a phone call soon. NOW THAT, is special.
I'm off.
Remember to live the dream and all that good stuff.

No comments: