First things first..(Julia, I am totally stealing your idea)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLEE!!!
I wish I could be celebrating with you,but I hope the phone call was a good enough present for now! I love you, and you know that!!! HB, HB!!!!!
Anyways....As per usual I was minding my own business washing dishes.. when..
"ccccccrssssssssshkkkkkk (that's the sound a radio makes-ha) This is Terry, Terry, looking for the kitchen, kitchen."
dave: "I see you."
Terry: "Oh, good. And i guess you see that HUGE bear right outside the front door as well."
we all run to the front door.
FOR SERIOUS. THIS BEAR WAS AN INCH FROM THE DOOR! THIS BEAR WAS HUGE. IT WAS SO COOL.
Even thinkin about it again, gives me a rush. The bear put his nose on the window, and my hand was right there...yes sepeterated by glass. But how many of you can say you've come that close to a polar bear? I can only think of two people.. hha, riley and karli (that would be reading this at least)
wow... you have no idea.
Anyways, on other updates. We have a new group here again. I have really enjoyed talked to our guest Terri, she is from West Virginia. One of the first things we got talking about was God and church. I miss talking about these kinds of things with people face to face. Today as i was cleaning she stayed back from the hike due to a bit of illness. We just chatted the whole time...hmm. Feels good to feel a bit refreshed in His spirit. I have been doing normal bible reading and stuff, but, just to have conversation on it...well, frankly, it's awesome.
Halloween is tomorrow. I think i am dressing up as a garbage bag (yes, for the third time!--best costume ever!) Mana has had way too much fun decorating the one pumpkin we have. Currently it has a knife in it's head, an orange buddy, pinapple hat and polar bear boots... O YA, and a bottle of wine. haha. OH crazy Mana.
That's about it from the Great White North.I even bought a sweater from the lodge--now I am official. haha...but really it's been a fine day, snow storm included. Now all i need is my sweat pants.
1 comment:
i love telling everyone out here about your crazy northern adventures. they can hardly believe this stuff! plus my parents drove underneath a moose on their way to ontario the other day. how weird!!!
Post a Comment