
dreams.
what would we be without them?
what would we be without them?
we define ourselves in them. who we are, what we want to be, where we want to go.
The bicycle. it started off as such a simple concept. but someone believed in it, and kept working at it to change it, to make it better. I believe it was Karl Drais who was the primary inventer, then two french guys with the same name, pierre, evaluated it, and created something more efficient--more suitable. As you know inventors keep changing the concept of the bicycle, and about a million other things. We have racing bikes, mountain bikes, bmx, even motor. It all started with a dream. A dream to be mobile....
Why are we so stuck in such a mobile world?
Sometimes my generation sickens me. WHAT THE HECK ARE WE DOING FOR OUR WORLD? Further more, WHAT AM I DOING? Shouldn't I want to make my world 100%? Yet, I sit here, with the lights on in my living room, the TV on, and I am using neither. (Pardon me as I go turn them off) I am not voting this election (heathen!--my excuse, I'll be flying and I know hardly anything about politics) Which makes me seriously ask, "Why aren't we serious about the world we live in?"
Why am I, someone so rich and so capable, not doing more? Something simple, wherever I am..
Imagine, if we'd all just take a small step to further love one another (ha-sounds like I would vote green party, or at least run for miss. Canada, eh?) Imagine what our world we be like if we'd all just take one step towards being more self-less. Maybe it's about time we recreated the Kevin Spacey film
'Pay it Forward.'
It all goes back to the bicycle, even the tricycle. We have to train ourselves, our minds, our bodies to become dreamers. Committed to dream. Committed to the pure adventure of learning. Find what is 'more suitable' for you, and in that, what is more suitable to serve one another.
Fear of failure-we may scrape our knee
Fear to change-we may need a new route
Fear to let go of societies definition of success.- we may need to try on our world for our own size.
Stop fighting it. Stop fighting your potential.
I'll be the first one to say I am guilty. I am learning to identify myself, and evaluate the woman I am, the woman I am becoming. I am finding the right fit--the balance of life.
Join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment