Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I love halloween.
It sure didn't feel like halloween at Seal River.
We had one pumpkin... it was vomitting, literatly. Elaine made a vommitting pumpkin. None the less.. that was it. There was no spooky man, or ghosts...no costumes--well, except one.

I dressed up...just as promised,as A GARBAGE BAG! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
The only thing was, I wasn't super happy today. You see, last year Teisha and I threw a fun, dance party. On any given holiday I really like to just spent it with friends. And here I was, up north, in the most NON HALLOWEENEY place ever, with... new people. haha. they are nice, but you know what i mean. Non the less, I was a little bummed, and a lot homesick. Not to mention yesterday being Karlee's HB and all.. the combo was a tad sour. Don't worry fellow optimists I kept my cool, and kept looking ahead. Then an angel was sent to me in the form of a little girl who has been here the past two days-katherine.
She knocked on my door, and her mom said 'close your eyes'
So, I did.
Then Katherine said, "say trick or treat."
"Trick or Treat" (I opened my eyes)
Little Katherine was holding candy corn and rockets for me. They brought me my own goodies. I seriously had tears in my eyes... what a cute, unexpected blessing.
This group has been awesome.

Today we also got to go for our second staff walk. Yippie! I slid on the ice, walked on the Tundra, and saw Dilbert (aka, dirty bum) Mike called our walk... 'A tour with Dilbert'
That's it from up north. Looking forward to home, but I am sure the next 13 days will be grand.
ps. I have never looked more forward to a time change in my life!
PPS. Does anyone know where the tool bar for the blog went? I miss mine... and suddenly my keyboard just turned french.. oh boy. technology! ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

1 comment:

JuliaD said...

well at least iöm not the onlz one with kezboard problems...p.s. all the mistakes in that sentence were due to german keyboard. :)
i didn't even think of halloween til november 1st. lol. can you tell it's not well-known AT ALL in germany???